Author: Dr. Ashwini Sarode Chandrashekara
Dr Ashwini Sarode Chandrashekara is practicing as a Consultant Physician and Diabetologist for 11 years. His speciality areas are diabetes and hypertension (including gestational), thyroid disorders, asthma and tuberculosis, obesity management, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases etc. Dr Ashwini has various memberships like Royal college of Physicians, Edinburgh, GAPIO, and RSSDI.
Dr Ashwini Sarode Chandrashekara has authored a chapter on ‘Diabetes in Elderly’. The book is due to be published for general population.
- MBBS, M S Ramaiah Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, 2004
- MD Internal Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Kathmandu University, Manipal, 2010
- PG Diploma in Endocrinology, University of South wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom, 2015
- Diploma in Diabetology, Apollo Hospitals, Medvarsity, 2017
- Certificate course in Diabetology, IDF (International Diabetes Federation) school of Diabetes, 2020
- MRCP(UK), Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 2020
- Certificate course in Infectious disease, Nanavati Hospitals, Mumbai, 2021
- Nov 2019 – Present, Consultant Physician and Diabetologist, Kanva Diagnostics, Nagarabhavi, Bengaluru
- Apr 2018 – Oct 2019, Consultant Physician and Diabetologist, Essential Hospital Brinda hospital, Bengaluru
- Apr 2014 – Aug 2016, Jn consultant and Co-ordinator, Dept of Internal Medicine, Columbia Asia Hospital, Bengaluru
- Oct 2010 – Mar 2014, Hospitalist, Dept of Internal Medicine, Columbia Asia Hospital, Bengaluru
- Jul 2010 – Sep 2010, Senior Resident, Dept of Internal Medicine, Melaka Medical College, Manipal.
Publications and Thesis
- Paper publication on ‘Chryseobacterium Indologenes- A very uncommon infection in ICU’, a case report, published in European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2021
- Thesis on ‘Clinical Profile in Rheumatoid Arthritis’ as part of dissertation during postgraduation program.
In an age where fast food joints and sugary treats seem to be around every corner, it’s no surprise that prediabetes is on the rise. Prediabetes is a critical juncture, a warning signal from your body that your sugar levels are higher than they should be. But haven’t yet reached the threshold for a diabetes diagnosis. …
Last updated on September 23rd, 2023Diabetes is a widespread chronic condition affecting millions worldwide, and India is no exception. With over 77 million diabetics, India is often called the “Diabetes Capital of the World.” Managing diabetes effectively requires constant vigilance, as fluctuations in blood sugar levels can have serious health consequences. Traditional methods of monitoring blood …
Chamomile tea is well-renowned for its soothing properties and delicate floral aroma. It has fascinated tea enthusiasts for periods. With its mild flavor and golden hue, this herbal infusion provides many benefits that may surpass a simple cup of warmth. This relaxing, caffeine-free beverage promotes relaxation, aids digestive health, boosts immunity, and supports heart health. With …
Last updated on September 14th, 2023Overview In today’s fast-paced world, maintaining optimal insulin levels has become ever more important for overall health and well-being. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, plays a critical role in regulating blood sugar levels. Understanding the insulin normal range, managing insulin levels, and addressing high insulin levels and low insulin …
In the quest for effective natural remedies to manage diabetes, bitter gourd has emerged as a top vegetable. Its popular names are bitter melon, karela, etc. Scientifically, it is called Momordica Charantia and it belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. Widely popular for its distinctive taste and numerous health benefits, bitter gourd has garnered considerable attention. This …
Last updated on September 28th, 2023The relationship between diet and diabetes management has been the subject of extensive research and discussion. Among the various food items, curd, a dairy product with a rich nutritional profile, has gained attention for its potential benefits for diabetes patients. As diabetes continues to be a global health concern, understanding the …